The Standard Visitor visa has replaced the Business Visitor Visa, Family Visitor Visa, Child Visitor visa, Sports Visitor visa, Entertainer Visitor visa, Prospective Entrepreneur visa, Private and Medical Treatment Visitor visa.
This visa permits you to conduct business activities subject to relevant conditions and to represent a foreign business in the UK for a period of up to six months. It also permits attendance in order to study for up to 30 days if desired, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit. Those under 18 can also take part in an exchange programme or educational visit.
Academics coming to the UK on a sabbatical are permitted to remain up to 12 months, provided they meet the eligibility criteria. It is recommended that the visa application is prepared diligently because at times, visas can be refused for even a small error.
If your business requires you to visit the UK regularly over a longer period, you can apply for a visa that lasts two, five, or ten years. However, you can only stay for a maximum of six months on each visit.
Who Can Apply for the UK Standard Visitor Visa?
You can apply for a UK Standard Visitor Visa for business purposes if you are:
- Coming to the UK for a conference, meeting or training.
- Taking part in a specific sports-related event.
- An artist, entertainer or musician and coming to the UK to perform.
- An academic and/or doing research or a ccompanying students on a study abroad programme.
- A doctor or dentist coming to the UK to take a clinical attachment or observer post.
- Taking the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or Objective Structured Clinical Examination(OSCE)
- Seeking to obtain funding or investment to start, take over, join, or run a business in the UK
What Are the Requirements for Obtaining the UK Standard Visitor Visa
To apply for a UK Standard Visit Visa, you need to prove the following:
- Your intentions of coming to the UK, andthis will depend on your needs, such as visiting for business purpose, visiting family or leisure.
- You will need to evidence that you have planned to leave the UK after this time, and this should not be exceeding 6 months.
- You have money to support and accommodate yourself and your dependents without relying on any public funds in the UK.
- You can pay for your onward journey.
- In the event you will be coming forbusiness reasons you must ensure that you will be conducting permitted business activities only.
- In the case of long-term UK Standard Visitor Visa, reasons that you are required to frequently visit the UK for permitted business purposes.
How Do I Apply for the UK Standard Visitor Visa?
Applications for a UK Standard Visitor Visa are made online, unless you are from North Korea. You will need to have your biometric information such as fingerprints and photograph taken at your local Visa Application Centre. Our lawyers have proven record of success getting Business Visitor Visa for clients and they will guide you through every process.