EEA Applications

Brexit has changed the way EU and EEA nationals can live and work in the UK. If you are an EU or EEA national, you’ll need to apply for UK immigration status to stay in the UK after 31st December 2020. Our immigration team dealwith all aspects of UK  immigration law. We can help you through the whole process of applying for the correct status to enter or remain in the UK.

‍If you’re already living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and want to stayindefinitely, you’ll need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. If you want tocome to the UK for a shorter period of time after Brexit, you’ll need a visathat suits your situation.

Our team of highly specialised immigration lawyerscan help you with applications to the EU Settlement Scheme. Contact our immigration team today on 01707 244710 to discuss how we can help you.

What Is The EU Settlement Scheme?
The Home Office introduced the EU Settlement Scheme as a way for EU and EEA nationals to hold lawful immigration status in the UK after Brexit. The scheme will classify your immigration status as either ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’. You’ll get settled status if you’ve been living in the UK continuously for five years. If you’ve lived in the UK for less than five years you get pre-settled status which will last for five years.

Once you’ve lived in the UK continuously for five years you can apply for settled status. Settled and pre-settled status will allow you and your family to live and work freely in the UK.
You can also leave and enter the UK as you please. After 12 months with settled status (six continuous years ofliving in the UK) you can then apply for naturalisation to become a British citizen.

What About My Family?
Under UK Immigration Rules, family members of an EU or EEA national are considered to be a

  • Spouse or civil partner.
  • Child or grandchild of you and/or your spouse or civil partner, if they’re under 21or financially dependent on you.
  • Parent or grandparent of you or your spouse or civil partner who’s financially dependent on you.

If your family are already with you in the UK, they can apply to the Settlement Scheme at the same time. If your family is still abroad they can still join you in the UK. If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you’ll need to prove that your relationship is genuine for your spouse or partner tojoin you. For unmarried partners of EU and EEA nationals, they would also be able to join you in the UK before 1 January 2021.

You’ll also need to prove your relationship is genuine. Once they’re inthe UK, they’ll need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

What If I Don’t Want To Settle Permanently In The UK?

If you don’t want to live permanently in the UK then you don’t have to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. There are other visa options for youdepending on your situation. We can help you apply for a visa to:

  • Investor start a business.
  • Conduct a business trip or attend a conference.
  • Work, temporarily or long-term.
  • Study or research.
  • Get private medical treatment.
  • Take a short visit.

We can advise on what would best suit your needs and circumstances, whether that’s a student visa, a work visa or a business visitor’s visa.

Make an Enquiry

If you would like to find out more or to make an appointment please contact us.