Investor Visa UK
The UK is a highly attractive place for businesses around the world. Despite some upheaval with the nation’s exit from the EU, Britain still has great access to the global economy and an attractive tax system with some of the lowest corporation rates of any major trading nation. Every year, business immigrants come in large numbers to contribute towards the growth of the economy.
A tier 1 investor Visa provides a route for high-net-worth individuals to enter the UK and fast-track their way to settlement. The UK has always been an immensely attractive destination for those wishing to gain citizenship by investment. The UK is in close proximity to Europe, a market of 500 million and enjoys a stable government, is free from corruption and has a robust rule of law. In addition to all this, there are world renowned private schools and universities, a thriving property market and an abundance of sporting and cultural activities.
What are the requirements?
Toqualify for a Tier 1 Investor Visa, you need to have:
- At least £2 million of your own money, available for immediate dispersal in the UK, and currently held in a regulated financial institution
- A UK bank account at a regulated bank (if you have not done this, our team can makethe necessary bank introductions)
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to prove that the £2 million in investment fundsbelongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried, or same-sex partner.
How Do I Apply?
You must apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa online (unless you are from North Korea). When completing an application, it is imperative that you send the correct documents to support your submission. Failure to do so can result in your application being immediately refused, wasting precious time.
Once your application is received, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) may invite you to submit your biometric details. This may be done at a Visa Application Centre based in your country. As soon as the biometric details are received, your full application will be considered. Decisions are usually received within three weeks. Our experienced team will assist you with everystep along the way.
Which Documents Do I Need to Provide?
You will need to provide evidence of the following when submitting your application for a Tier 1 Investor Visa
(it is not an exhaustive list):
- A valid passport or another travel document.
- The result of a tuberculosis test if you are required to have one done.
- A criminal record certificate from any country you have resided in for 12 monthsor more over the past ten years.
- That you have at least £2 million in funds which are free to be invested in the UK.
- If the money is your partners’, you will need to show evidence that they agree to let you use the money and present a marriage certificate or proof you are in a long-term relationship.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa provides an excellent opportunity for high-net-worth individuals who wish to relocate to the UK, do permitted investment, and acquire British Citizenship. The investor route permits you to access work opportunities without limit, enjoy peace of mind with free state education and healthcare, and travel for up to six months in every year. In this esteemed visa category, there are minimal requirements. You will not need to pass an English language test, you will not have to show proof of education, and there is no age restriction.
I already have a Tier 1 investor visa, can I extend it?
Yes, Tier 1 (Investor) visa holders can extend their stay in the UK ifthe following conditions are met:
- Evidence is submitted to prove that the applicant’s first entry to the country waswithin 30 days of the date the clearance was granted.
- Evidence is provided that all associated adults (for example spouses etc.) were registered with the Overseas Visitors Records Office within 7 days of arrival in the UK.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have not acquired public funds of any kind.
- Applicants must include any dependents on their current visa in the extension application, including children who turned 18 during the initial visa period.
- The minimum threshold for investment funds is £2,000,000 which must be under the Applicant’s control in the UK.
Our highly qualified lawyers at Salisbury Law will do everything they can to ensure that your application for the Tier 1 Investor Visa is a simple, efficient and successful process. We will carefully explain all requirements, offer assistance with every step of the application, and advise you on optimal documentation and application inclusions.